A Secure System
With Controlled Communications
The VOS REO system is designed to share a common database with the state’s workforce system, operating off of a secure desktop connection or kiosk. Providing direct user access to all of the system tools, it does not allow access to any Internet-based website, email, or direct messaging application. All communications – whether between the individual, staff member, or employer – are handled internally within the database of the system.
As a second level of security, all communications are monitored by authorized staff facilitators – with capabilities that include controlling search results, excluding key phrases or words, and blocking visibility of or access to certain employers.
Reentry Case Managers
- Monitor and track all job seeker activity
- Approve or deny job seeker applications
- Apply for jobs on behalf of the user
- Refer job seekers for specific opportunities
- Generate reports to show users, résumés, activities, security, etc.
Job Ready Individuals
- Explore careers and related occupations
- Analyze labor market data
- Target employers who are open to investing in justice-involved individuals
- Apply for Jobs
- Utilize education, financial, and community resources
Engaging Job Ready Individuals
in Proactive Career Planning and Exploration
VOS REO begins with users investigating and analyzing careers and occupations that align with their personal interests, skills, and values through a toolbox that includes self-assessments, real-time labor market information and detailed information regarding career descriptions and lifetime earning potential.
- Skill Matching
- Skill Gap
- Occupational Interest Profiler
- Work Importance Analyzer
- Career Ladders
- Career Informer
- Job Market Explorer
- O*NET Codes
Labor Market Information
- Hot Job Locations
- About Your Competition
- Job Requirements
- Salary Expectations
- Employers Open to Hire
Gauging the Pulse of the Job Market
With Key Labor Market Information
It isn't enough to know what you want to do -- to make an informed career choice, individuals must also consider income potential as well as potential growth. Hiring trends and supply-and-demand for skills and talent change daily. VOS REO provides reliable labor market data to help users determine what it is really like out there in the job market and if their intended profession will suit their immediate and future needs.
What are the highest paying jobs?
What occupations have the highest employment?
What is the unemployment rate?
What occupations are predicted to have the most job openings?
Creating Pathways to Sustainable Employment
By Connecting Job Seekers to Opportunities
VOS REO provides a comprehensive resource for job seekers. Completely integrating directly posted job orders with aggregated jobs from other labor exchanges and job boards, our database provides a unique resource for job-ready individuals in its quality and quantity of non-duplicative jobs.
Users can choose from a multitude of job search options including both basic and advanced searches, as well as by criteria such as employer, skills, education, and résumé. When a user has determined a suitable position for which they want to apply, the application process is determined by the job source.
Job Opportunity Posted Directly
to State Workforce System
- A user may apply for a job by selecting one of the many methods available. The system is then capable of auto-filling the application, using information that is already entered into the user's profile.
Job Opportunity Not Posted Directly to
State Workforce System
- For sites where the online job application process is identifiable, applications are approved by a reentry case manager. Applications are filled in via a patented résumé-blasting technology.
- When a user wishes to apply to an opportunity not directly posted to the state workforce system and not recognized by the system, an authorized reentry case manager may apply online on their behalf.
All Roads Lead to a Job
With a Collective, Community Approach
Developing strategic partnerships between workforce, human services, and corrections agencies is key. Meeting basic needs allows individuals to concentrate on obtaining and maintaining employment. VOS REO provides education and financial services aimed at helping users understand their anticipated needs as well as the opportunities available to them. The system also designates which, if any, community resources for which the user may qualify.
Post Release Support
Past the Transition Phase
VOS REO can be leveraged to create a seamless transition for a job seeker by bridging the gap between the corrections agency to the state's workforce system. The user's profile easily transitions to the workforce system in an effort to assist in reintegration by providing avenues for assistance, tracking, and reporting purposes.